SERVICES ANTENATAL CARE
Antenatal care, also called pregnancy care, is the healthcare and support given to pregnant women, to ensure that the mother to be and the unborn baby are healthy and well throughout the pregnancy.
WHAT DOES ANTENATAL CARE INCLUDE?
Antenatal care involves the following:
Antenatal care includes regular screenings to help the obstetrician detect and prevent early complications such as hypertension and pregnancy diabetes which may affect the little one.
Antenatal care during pregnancy helps new mom's to know which food to stay away from to help the mother’s immune system to work for both her and the little one.
WHAT TO EXPECT DURING ANTENATAL CARE?
There are more or less 8 antenatal appointments that you may undergo throughout your pregnancy, they are:
- 1st visit: Before 10 weeks pregnant
- 2nd visit: 12-14 weeks pregnant
- 3rd visit: 16 weeks pregnant
- 4th visit: 20 weeks pregnant
- 5th visit: 24 weeks pregnant
- 6th visit: 28 weeks pregnant
- 7th visit: 32 weeks pregnant
- 8th visit: 34 weeks pregnant
- 9th visit: 36 weeks pregnant
- 10th visit: 38 weeks pregnant
- 11th visit: 40 weeks pregnant
- 12th visit: 41 weeks pregnant
During these appointments, Dr Victor will monitor your baby's development and do blood and urine tests, including HIV testing. If you are HIV positive, Dr Victor will ensure that you adhere to antiretroviral (ARV) therapy to help keep you healthy and prevent the baby from being infected with HIV. These appointments will help Dr Victor detect and timely treat any complications that may arise, such as complicated pregnancies due to medical conditions present before pregnancy.